Banana Blueberry Muffins from By the Porchlight

Today I have one of my lovely sponsors sharing a very delicious looking recipe with all of you! I won't keep you from it any longer, I'm sure you'll want to run to the kitchen after reading this!...


Hey there! I'm Lesley from By the Porchlight! I'm about to hit my 1-year blogging anniversary and have had a great year! I write about all things creative, good reads, good causes and all of life's adventures in between. Oh, and I can't forget good eats! I love cooking and baking so I thought I'd share a new recipe with you!


So, here we have it! Banana blueberry muffins! They were delicious and guess what?! Healthy, too! I was looking to try out my new coconut oil in and came across this recipe. I love banana bread and blueberry muffins so putting the two things together could not be wrong! I made a couple of alterations to the recipe above to suit my tastes & cupboard's stock a bit better.


What you'll need:

3 large bananas, or 4 smaller ones
1 cup sugar (you could use another sweetener, though)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup white flour
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup frozen blueberries
4 tbsps margarine

In one bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Then add the sugar and coconut oil. Mix well.

Next, in a second bowl, mix together 2 cups flour (1 cup each white and whole wheat), salt and baking soda.



Blend together the contents of both bowls. After the flour and banana mixtures are well mixed, fold in the blueberries.

Next, set aside the muffin batter. You'll need another bowl (yes, lots of bowls!) to make the crumbly topping.

Cream together the margarine and sugar and then add the flour. This should end up crumbly.

Pour the muffin batter into a greased tin. (I can't live without my Pampered Chef stoneware!) The batter should yield 12 large muffins. Top with the crumble.



As you can see, my topping wasn't so crumbly. I didn't really follow the directly for this, just threw some flour, sugar and margarine together haha. But it still tasted good!

Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Check with a toothpick. If the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are done! If it comes out batter-covered, bake the muffins another 3-5 minutes and check again.

And ta-da! Now you have delicious muffins!




I hope you'll come visit me at By the Porchlight and let me know how your muffins turned out! Thanks for letting me hang out today! Happy baking!

1 comment:

  1. yum - these muffins look so tasty!! i love anything with blueberries.
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
Leave me a comment, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover